Background

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Arriving in Singapore

Another behind post but here goes ------------------
We arrived in Singapore on Jauary 19 at 6:00 but we were ready to go as we had been sleeping for about 20 hours. We were booked in Orchard Parade Hotel ( not where we wanted to be but not our choice) First room they put us in was twin beds pushed together-----well I could see myself on the floor in the middle of the night as the beds moved easily or worse yet Bill on the floor. Next room they move us to has a King bed but no chairs or couches . It did have a bench built into the wall that my feet would not touch the floor-----so much for staying in the room. Well Bill and I got out and met up with some friends of ours. It was great seeing them all after about 3 years. The next week I got busy looking for an apartment for us to be in so we didn't have to stay in the hotel for very long. I felt like I was on House Hunters----- I was shown three serviced apartments and like something about each one of them and hated something about each one of them. Finally we chose the Caribbean at Keppal Bay. It is a three bedroom apartment, it does have a washer and dryer (outside but on a small balacony), maid service 3 times a week, 3 wonderful swimming pools and a mall within walking distance.

Of course we were not able to move until the 28th of Jan because of Chinese New Year -----everything in Singapore shuts down ---really the hotel restuarant closed and we had to go out to find something open to eat dinner.

The morning of the 28th Bill went to work and I packed all the suitcases and was picked up and taken to our apartment. Bill met me there for about 5 minutes just to see where it was and get a key and I was left to start making it home. Pictures to follow later.

Cheers!

No comments: