Background

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

House Hunting Better Today

Today the weather was AWFUL!!!!! Sand storm made it look overcast all day and cold to me. It was around 73 but that is cool compared to what I have been used to----really had my sinus's messed up for about the first 2 hours of house hunting .

Today was much better in the house hunting area. I saw four that I really liked. Two were in compounds which I didn't think I would like but they are in small compounds with only like 6 houses. Only one does not have a private pool but it has a private entrance to the compound pool(it is the compound owner's house) --2 have hot tubs--all are 4/5 bedrooms with attached baths----down side only 1 has a great kitchen. Bill is going tomorrow to look so we should be making a decision this weekend (Friday-Saturday is the weekend here). I think that I have a favorite but really want Bill to help in the decision. One problem is the furniture----we have some but not enough to furnish a house. One of the four is fully furnished. They have said I could pick out furniture and ask the owner to purchase and add the amount to the rent . It might make the price out of our range but we can only submit an offer and see what they say. I am really getting into this now----first day the picking were pretty slim---I did see three I would like Bill to look at so right now we have 7 on our "short" list which is really too long----I know but I have so many "wants". I know that I have to adjust that so we will see. Bill's weekend is Thursday/Friday to we will look around then and discuss.

Today was mine and Bill's 32nd anniversary. We didn't do much just went down for a light dinner and have decided to wait until we know the city better before we have our anniversary dinner.

We are looking at trying to get me a car. I can drive here but the company only provides one car and Bill drives into Saudi everyday for work----it is not like in India were I could have the car all day while he was at work. Taxis are very expensive here not like SIngapore at all. We are not wanting to buy a car but think that renting is about $900 USD a month----not really something that we want to do.

Taking the day to go to the mall to look at furniture just to get an idea of the cost---maybe someone can tell me cheaper place to get furniture but right now I need to get idea of style so I can go from there.

Enough rambling ........
Take care

1 comment:

Sherry Adams said...

It is the Merlion on Sentosa Island. Isn't it cool.