Background

Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday, 27 Oct, 2008

Today has been a very busy day for me. It started at 5:30 am. I got up to watch the World Series. I am pulling for the Phillies. It seems funny to be watching the game at that time of the morning but that is the time is comes on live here. I drink coffee and watch the game. I used to always to my Christmas cards while watching the world series. I have not sent Christmas cards in a few years and think I might pull some out in the morning and address them. I will need to finish them tomorrow as the Phillies will more than likely win the series.
After watching the game I went shopping. Our new driver had to take off to take his wife to see her mother so I had the "black" truck* driver. He speaks small English but drives TOO FAST!!!!
He knew the places I wanted to do and we got there quickly. I had wanted to buy some blue lights for Christmas/Diwali. I could not find any but I did find some 'chili pepper" lights and got them to go on the back porch. I then went to DHL/Blue Dart to send a gift to Anu. I had not sent gifts since June so I thought I would do so before the "holidays". Then I went to Star Bazaar to buy fresh vegetables. The stores will all be closed for the next three days for the Hindu holiday. Diwali.
After I got home, my friend, Bahkti, and her boyfriend, Hardick, came over for a while. I had brought her some books back from the US and she wanted to get them. They were real sweet. They looked around our house and then gifted me with a beautiful pearl necklace and earrings. They are so sweet to think of me. I think of her as not only a friend but as a family member here.

Finished project.


Lighting candles


More candles.
Tomorrow is Diwali. It is the biggest Hindu holiday. It is the festival of lights. Their belief is that if there is lights on your house the god will enter and bless you for the following year.
After Bhakti and Hardick left, I went out to light the candles. We all know that Bill and I need all the blessing we can get!!!!!!
* When we came to Ahmedabad, we need three trucks----One for us, one for the Ops Engineer, and one for the Administrator. We chose a white TATA safari and so did Ronnie the Administrator. Ashish, the Ops Engineer chose a black one so we always refer it as the black truck. Just FYI!

No comments: