Background

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back in Ahmedabad

Hey all we made it back safely and are trying to get back in the "swing" of things. We arrived two hours earlier than we originally thought but were unable to make a connecting flight from Mumbai to Ahmedabad that night. We had slept most of the flight so we stayed up until around 2:30 and then fell asleep and had to get up at 3:45 to make the 5:40 flight to Ahmedabad yikes. All our things made it safely and still Frozen Yeah!!!!!
While we were in the US one of our friends here Dad passed away. We thought we would visit for a minute last night then return home for a early night-----remember what I said about plans here -----well when we arrived at his home that had company from Mumbai and it was his daughter's birthday. They had a dinner planned and insisted we join in. Well guy guess what I ate???????????????? They are originally from Goa. They had a lovely platter of what looked like beef tenderloin with vegetables and of course I took some and then asked what it was-----to my surprise it was--------------------------------------------tongue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did taste it and it was surprisingly very tender but I could not eat it all just a couple of bites. I am really learning to eat alot of different things. The reason I said the were from Goa is that this is a very common dish there and I never knew that but I do now!

I really did enjoy seeing all of myboys, daughter in law, sisters, Mom and Dad and of course my brother. My guys were all good and enjoying life and I am already missing all. I will be back in December so let all plan more get togethers.

Well better run and finish unpacking.

Love you all.

No comments: