Background

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Homeopathic Medicine

Ok Today I am trying out a new sinus remedy------or at least one of three I plan to try.  I have been plagued with stuffy nose since I arrived here.  I have taken all the meds I had and none of them seem to work for any length of time.  I read an article on MSN the other day about homeopathic help for sinus problems.  One of them  involved swishing sunflower oil (10ml) in your mouth for 20 minutes then rinsing the mouth and drinking 1-2 glasses of water.  I woke this morning and could not breathe.  I didn't have any sunflower oil but I had extra virgin olive oil.  I thought of well give it a try until I can get sunflower oil.  Well, I did not make it 20 minutes only about 10 but i CAN BREATHE!!!!!!!.  Working on my second glass of water-----will keep ya'll updated. If you want to check it out try www.oilpulling.com . The second remedy is apple cider vinegar and the third is drinking a tomato, garlic, tabasco hot drink.  Will try the other two after the grocery visit----I NEED TO BE ABLE TO BREATHE all the time and not sure I can do this oil thing but worth trying.

Well I decided to add the following----my inspiration:

Oil Pulling: swish 10ml of sunflower oil around in your mouth first thing in the morning for 20 minutes, then spit it out and rinse well, then drink a large glass of water. Supposedly it pulls infection from your mouth, sinuses, etc.

Apple Cider Vinegar:  Drink it straight from the bottle twice a day...about 1-2 tablespoons at a time, if you can stomach it.  I couldn't, so I got it in pill form form the health food store.

Tomato Tea: Take tomato juice, 1 clove of crushed garlic, lemon juice, and tabasco sauce...heat it all up and drink it while it's very warm.  It seems to cure sinus infections VERY quickly.  It tastes pretty good, too!...like a warm bloody mary. 

Remember fish spa (which I loved even if it looked gross!!!!!!)-----I will try anything once well maybe not anything but these seem ok to try!!


We are going out to try to buy a car for me today.  Will update you all later.

Cheers!

No comments: