Background

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sand Storms and Updates!!!

I think this is pretty common here but was very  unusual for me.  It looks like fog (?) but is sand!!! I could not get a good picture of the sand on the road but it looks like waves of sand.






The cars in the parking spaces look like they have been there years with a huge accumulation of dirt.  We are having our cars washed three times a week.  We are getting the gardener here in the compound to do it.  He comes at 4:30 to wash before Bill leaves for work.  

I guess sand storms are something we will have to get use to.  I am glad the oil pulling is keeping my head unstopped or I would be MISERABLE.  Although I am having a pretty sneezey day from this yesterday, I know it would be worst if I had a stuffy nose.  

Anyway an update on our lives---------

Bill spent 4 days in Houston last week and I stayed here :(    I wanted to go but the cost of the flights are high and I really want to wait and go when the little comes!!!!!! Nicholas, Juliana and Brendon went out to visit him.  Jessica was supposed to go but she had a bad car accident on the way to meet them and ended up in the hospital.  I really thought that Brendon would not go but after her telling him he needed to go he did.  Bill and I have not met her but she does sound like a very nice young lady.  I jokingly told Brendon ---she will go to great lengths to keep from meeting your Dad.  Seriously, we are glad she is ok and it sounds like she will be around for a while so we will meet her soon.  

Brendon is engaged!  I am so happy that he is finally happy.  I wish him and Jessica all the best in the years to come.  

I am getting out and going more each day.  I like it here.  Things are good and we are able to get just about everything we need ( I still have not andouille sausage here :( !!!!) 

Our refrigerator compressor when out yesterday and are waiting on Samsung to come for a visit--nothing like India---they would come in a few hours----but better than the week wait in the US ---- they are supposed to come this morning.  

I fired the maid.  I was not happy with her work.  She never came on time(sometimes 2-3 hours late) but she would work over.  Her ironing was horrible.  Bill is funny about his shirts so that was not good.  I had been noticing since my shipment came that it took her about 2 hours to vacuum the upstairs---yesterday I found out why.  She was vacuuming a room that I had not totally unpacked.   I was in another room upstairs trying to finish the straitening there and I need to put some things in the room she was cleaning----as I walked in she had the vacuum running but she was holding up a shirt I had in a box there.  Well that was it.  I let her finish the day and then said sorry I do not need you anymore.   She also asked to borrow money(400BD-1062 USD) a couple of weeks ago ( I do not need another child HAHAHA). I really do not like firing people but that really added to my mistrust. Well better gone than sorry. I do have another one that was recommended to me by a neighbor. The neighbor has used her for a while but this girl only works part-time jobs and the neighbor wanted a live in. We will see how this goes.  

We better run for now.  Hope each and everyone is safe and well.

Cheers!!!!!


No comments: