Background

Monday, March 22, 2010

RUGS

I have fallen in love with carpets!!!!!!
When we were in Singapore we purchased some beautiful rugs.  Bill was not real happy about the cost but he was the one saying "Buy it" "Buy IT!"

Well, one story I like to tell about rug shopping was when we were in Chennai, India.  Bill and I went into a "department" store.  We were looking at the carpets and saw a beautiful one on the wall. It was a 10x15 and had beautiful shades of blue and green with some pink and beige.  The salesman noticed we liked it so he took it down and rolled it on the floor.  He insisted that we walk on it.  Of course me, I take my shoes off and start to walk on it. I take a couple of steps and Bill behind me starts saying----"GET OFF OF IT".  I turn around and he has looked at the price----18,000 USD!!!!!
I immediately get off and the salesman says wait wait you can have for half off!!!!!  I am sure if we had really wanted the rug we could have had it for another half off but at that time we were "new" carpet shoppers!!!!!!!
I have really gotten into the shopping now.  I have a "favorite" rug store here.  They recognise me and can remember all the rugs I have purchased and usually who they are for!!!! I took Ryan and Rachel there while they were here.  When we walked in the door, Ryan spotted one of the wall that he liked!  It was very pretty and was from Iran.  It was a dome pattern---
Rachel got this one:
Now rug shopping has become even easier!  There is a man that comes into the compound with rugs in his van.  I like some of his rugs but I still really like my store.
Here is a couple that we have bought from him

Bill bought this one for Matt:

Bill bought this one for in front of a desk???????


Here is one I bought in the mall for Matt's room:

It is not a carpet but a fun rug for his room.

No comments: