Background

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dr Visit

Sunday I had some spots appear on my face-----not just spots but like ant bites all down my nose. They were really sore and of course only being 29 I thought they might be pimples. But they did not feel like pimples ( yeah I know but this does have a meaning). Well by Wednesday still had them and a few more came under my chin-----now I am thinking shingles. They really hurt.
Bill and I have always gone to one of the hospitals for Dr visits when needed but I had a friend that I knew had seen a dermatologist a couple of times so I thought word of mouth would be good. She had seen him at the Apollo clinic but now he only practiced at his own clinic. She had her driver lead me there because the addresses here are too funny. And of course I am still dealing with a drivers that speaks VERY little English and Understands LESS!!!!!
Anyway back to the doctor visit. I got there at 3:45 pm. His office hours were from5 -10 pm. There were two guys there already . Nancy had called ahead and made an appt for me and he had said be there at the time and he would see me so I did not have to wait long. I went inside while his helper was sweeping the porch off. He came in and threw the broom under my feet and pointed to my feet and said something in Gujarati. Then I knew what he wanted me to take my shoes off and of course I went outside and left my shoes. Well at 4:00 he came in and his "helper" sent me in. There were already 6 other people waiting by this time. He first thought I had pimples until I said they itched and hurt. He looked at them closely and then decided they were bites of some sort. He asked did I sit outside much and of course I do and he said don't for a few days yeah right now is the most pleasant time we have anyway he prescribed an allergy pill (five only) and a steroid pill (4 only) and some cream. I left there and when to the drug store and purchased the meds minus the steroid ( do not like to take them and decided if they other two didn't work then I would take). Total cost 209 rupees for EVERYTHING about 4.25 USD. When was the last time you went to a doctor ($3.06) and bought meds( $1.19) for that amount must less a dermatologist!!!!!!
Oh by the way when I came out of his office around 4:15 there were close to thirty people waiting and I had to dig through shoes to get to mine HAHAHA good thing they were bright orange sequins and I could spot them easily. Good thing Nancy called ahead.

Update the bites look much better this morning after applying only the cream.

No comments: