Background

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Monday Morning

Today is a typical Monday Morning. I am trying to recover from the last week. 

I went to the Ritz-Carlton to have a hair cut and color.  I have been using a guy (Elais)  there and really like him.  I think my color looks almost as good as when Christi did it back in Jan. He has been trying to tell me I only need to wash my hair 2 times a week-----I usually wash everyday or at least every other day----I am trying but this heat and humidity makes it really hard for me.  He is Lebanese and says my hair will become more beautiful if I will try his suggestions. Well, when you all see my hair please tell me it is MORE beautiful so I can feel better about the horrors of many bad hair days I am having!!!!!!!  

Bill had a dentist appt. yesterday  at 16:30 so he came home to shower and change before going there.  At 16:00 the dentist office called and the dentist was sick so they rescheduled.  He is hating all this dental work but it is his own fault.  

We had company last night for the first time in our new home.  I made gumbo for all the guys in the office and their wives.  Well, I had purchased a rice cooker because the microwave we have here is a dinosaur.  Never having used a rice cooker I waited until 17:00 to start everyone was to be here at 18:30.  Well around 18:00 still looked like rice and water to me so I decided to put some in the microwave just in case-----well traffic was back up at the immigrations and the last of the company did not arrive until 20:30 and by that time I had 2 gallons of rice!!!!!!!  I had a rice cooker in Chennai but only Anu used it ---wished I had paid attention a little more.  Lesson learned 4 cups of rice and 8 cups of water make alot of rice just takes longer!!!!!!!!! And that was just in the rice cooker.  

I have worked on the house really hard this last week.  It is really becoming home ---just needs my family, their loved ones and my Babies (Rivers and Brinkly) to make it more so.  

Not that I needed them but I did buy some more carpets for the house.  I have no idea what I will do with them when Bill retires.  I guess I can store and change them out every month or so.  I really like all the carpets I have.  Carpet shopping here is great much better than in India.  I never found the shops like I have now.  The shop owner will put every carpet out that he has in stock and say ---This one is great you want? Of course, you have to have your shoes off and walk on each carpet to feel how great it is.   By the time you leave the store it is knee deep in carpets.  

I need to tell you all that driving here is crazy.  It is not crazy like India in the fact that they do stay in the lanes but it is not usual to see people backing up for a block or more because they have miss a turn ---backing against traffic and traffic just keeps dodging them and going right along.  Yesterday I was sitting at a red light in the third lane of six lanes.  The first two lanes were turn lanes.  Well, it seems the car in the front of the fourth lane  wanted to turn so while we were waiting on the light, he pulled over to the first lane and backed into the second lane in front of  another vehicle so he could turn-----I laughed till I cried.  

Well, my helper is here so I better run.  Take care.
Cheers!!!!!

No comments: